Greetings all you Winter Warriors,
It’s about that time of year again! As you wade your way through those bitter midwinter blues, wind-whipped and brick-toed on your way to class, your well-traveled friends smatter your windows and walls with their warm-weathered, eyes-squinting-from-the-sun, portrait-mode pics. You sigh from deep in the safety of your own bed, in a barely 33° Brooklyn, knowing you have another month until “Spring Break,” and even longer until the final thaw you’ve been waiting for.
But don’t give up hope quite yet!
We at Boylan Blog have just the remedy for you to beat your winter woes. Bundle up and stay true to our trusty tips. Your health depends on it!
- Be sure to get a heathy dose of the Boylan Blog. Stay up to date with our weekly bits, bites, gags and goofs!
- Come by the English Majors’ Counseling Office located at 3416 Boylan, to get some good old fashioned counseling, or a little pick-me-up from our bright-eyed interns, who are always ready to lend an ear.
- Let it all out, and take it all in, during our semi annual Open Mic:
- Come to the weekly student-run Writers Circle, every Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30pm-2:00pm in 2307 Boylan.
- Be sure to read up about the Brooklyn College English Department Awards and Scholarships! Each spring, the English Department awards undergraduate and graduate Awards and Scholarships in recognition of your significant achievement in all areas of English Studies. Stop by The English Majors’ Counseling Office to learn more. There’s nothing like acclaim and celebrity to turn your frown upside down.
- Submit to The Junction, our own, very important literary magazine. Do not miss out; let your voice be heard. Yes, that means you!