With the crazy events plaguing our world coupled with our own hectic lives, it’s easy to forget about all the (FREE!!!) opportunities CUNY makes readily available at our fingertips. Below are various happenings taking place at Brooklyn College. Treat yourself and attend a Writer’s Circle to sharpen your writings skills and share your pieces in an encouraging environment! Or hear an award-winning author talk about his latest novel! Peruse away…
- Writings and artworks for the 2018 Junction magazine are being compiled for its spring publication. Submit artwork and up to 3 pieces of poetry, prose, or original work to email@example.com before March 15, 2018!
- Writer’s Circle takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-2:00 pm in Boylan 2307. This is the perfect place to share writing you’d like feedback on along with participating in mini-lessons designed to strengthen your creativity and think outside the box!
- On Wednesday March 14, a symposium will be held in the Woody Tanger Auditorium on “Conversations on Race and Performance: Investigating the Intersection of Race, Gender, and Disability.” From 3:30-5:00 pm, NYU English Professor Ato Quayson will be delivering the keynote address, followed by a reception before a staged reading of a play adaptation of Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Celebrated author Jason Reynolds will be at Brooklyn College on Thursday March 22 to discuss his ninth novel Long Way Down. This event is part of Brooklyn College’s lecture series, We Stand Against Hate.
- Brooklyn College will be hosting a Job & Internship Fair on Friday, March 16th from 11:30am – 2:00pm in the Student Center. Employers will be looking for candidates for full-time, internship, and part-time employment opportunities. To register, visit the “Career” tab in BC Webcentral.