Isn’t it nice? Luring Disco Dollies to a Life of Vice
Welcome to the Boylan Blog, and my official countdown to the end of days…of the semester—relax, despite my sexual charisma I’ve yet to start my own suicidal cult. Things have not worked out as I’d hoped.
In any case, it’s now 39 days until the end, May 24this my last final exam, and I’m feeling the pressure.
Now, to paraphrase Hunter Thompson, I hate to advocate alcohol and debauchery of any sort, but they seem to work for me. So, to keep me going, I have my future dissipation to look forward to, and I invite you to join me at VIVA RANK! A cheap event, of the most ghastly color, with The Smiths and Radiohead cover bands, which is happening on May 25th at the Bell House. Just in time to cap off the semester in style. Purchase your tickets here.
But before that, do have a look at what’s going on at BC this week. There are free books and food involved:
- Bloomsbury Publishing is seeking students’ input on electronic resources in exchange for free books. On Wednesday 18th April, Bloomsbury will run two focus groups of approximately 12 students in Library Room 411 to get your views on online resources – each focus group will take no more than 1 hour 30 minutes. The first focus group begins at 12:30 pm and ends by 2:00 pm, and the second focus group begins at 2:30pm and ends by 3:45 pm. To take part, please email Helen Tredget of Bloomsbury Publishing at Tredget@bloomsbury.com to say what time on Wednesday you would be free and plan to attend. Places are limited so please respond promptly.
- The Department of Puerto Rican and Latino Studies is having an open house on Thursday, April 19, 2018. It will happen in Library Room 411 from 12:00 – 2:15pm. Please come in to learn about PRLS majors, minors, education concentrations, internships, research assistantships, and study-travel opportunities. You’ll get the chance to meet the good-looking PRLS faculty and alumni, and learn about student organizations, awards, and scholarships. As if that wasn’t enough to tempt any mortal, there will also be food!
- Since mommy and/or daddy won’t be around forever, learn how to manage your finances with Mandi Woodruff on Thursday, April 19, 2018. This event will be held in 4141 Boylan from 12:30 – 2:15pm. Did I mention free pizza?
- Resist the urge to vegetate during the summer and check out the Brooklyn College search engine for Summer Research Programs here.
- Help to close the gender gap in tech, and apply for the Girls Who Code summer internship here.
It’s almost over, kids. Hang in there, and tear it up.